TOP TIPS FOR PROMOTING LIFE AND WORK WITHIN CONGREGATIONS
Are you responsible for promoting and distributing Life and Work in your congregation? You are part of a 1000-plus family charged with delivering the magazine to our readers every month.
Share your tips with your fellow promoters on this page or email us at email@example.com
This is a work in progress and is not yet a comprehensive list! Any new tips from our vast network of promoters would be very much appreciated for this living resource. Please share this page with anyone who might be interested.
- Offer free copies to new members and new elders in the congregation. Special gift cards offering three free copies are available from our office: email firstname.lastname@example.org We hope to have them available for download on the site in the near future.
- If you have spare copies of the magazine that have already been paid for, offer them to people who might be interested and tell them about subscribing to Life and Work. There are discounts available for congregations who order annually: further information is available at email@example.com
- Use posters to promote the magazine in the congregation along with information on subscribing
- Ask your minister to mention the magazine in his or her intimations every month.
- Ask your parish magazine editor to include information about the magazine and how and where to subscribe and, if possible, ask if they can use our monthly parish press release to help promote the magazine.
- Let people know that a subscription to Life and Work raises money for our Church: a congregational subscription can offer a small financial boost to local church funds, whilst a single subscription delivered to homes boosts the finances of the central church through the Mission and Discipleship Council, which oversees the business management of Life and Work. Single subscription forms are available in every issue of Life and Work and through our website www.lifeandwork.org
- When a subscriber cancels or doesn’t renew a subscription, ask if anyone else would like to take the magazine instead
- Display copies of Life and Work where they can be seen in the church: covers are designed to catch the eye.
- If your congregation is the subject of a union, make sure details are passed on to you from any other promoter or that you pass them on.
- Use our website www.lifeandwork.org to show off some of our content and use this resource to reach out to more readers.
- Let people know you are the person to speak to if they want to buy copies of Life and Work through their congregation.